Friday, October 17, 2008


Different things create a sense of anticipation and excitement in different people. Sometimes it's big events like getting married or being pregnant. Sometimes it's a big purchase such as a car or home. Sometimes it's the excitement of a new job...for me, right at this moment, it's a 5 foot tall used black legal sized filing cabinet. I know, I know, kind of a let down for y'all isn't it? For me it is the solution to the Mt. Timpanogas of paperwork that surrounds me. I am literally drowning in paperwork, both work and personal, right now. Our office area reminds me of a war zone, I get to dodge teetering boxes on the way to my desk, hoping and praying that they don't explode as I pass by. :-)

After we got married, I inherited the task of sorting through and filing our paperwork (Brian doesn't like doing it, but I lucked out since he does dishes) :-) It took a while, but I got the majority of it under control...and then came my new job...and file box after file box of paperwork to bring home and organize. Then we decided to clean out more of the garage in August...and lo and behold...more boxes of our old personal paperwork appeared! Unfortunately, this time we had no more room, as our 2 drawer filing cabinet was already full. It is also in the forefront of my thoughts since our office area is directly off the living room, and we currently don't have any doors on it to hide the clutter.

So, on to my current excitement...and a salvation of sorts for our office area...our new (used) filing cabinet...I feel like Mt. Timpanogas is starting to fall off my shoulders....if only the delivery guys would show up! ;-)

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hey, don't feel bad. I'd feel excited about a file cabinet too. ;)

Panama Jones said...

It's the little things. . . .

I'd say that's a good trade--you file and Brian does the dishes. Just make sure he uses soap. ;)

annette said...

Woo hoo!!!

Our Florida Trip - October 2008

Our Oregon Trip Photos

Our Favorite Music